Peruvian Adventure

My personal (and random) thoughts prior to and during my one month internship in Cusco, Peru.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

What matters?

Finals have begun and as I walk around this frenetic and stressed campus, I can't help wondering, "How much does it all really matter?" Of course it's important to work hard to gain a proficiency and understanding in subjects of interest, but in five years will I even remember this moment? Doubtful. I'll probably be struggling to buy food because I've taken some position as an unpaid volunteer. Truth.

I find myself constantly struggling to strike the balance between self-improvement through academia and self-improvement through experience. I enjoy both, but almost always feel guilty when I choose one over the other. That's why I'm so excited for this summer opportunity. It's the merging of two worlds I pursue independently each day.

It matters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home