Peruvian Adventure

My personal (and random) thoughts prior to and during my one month internship in Cusco, Peru.

Monday, July 10, 2006

Day 11

Today I was supposed to teach my second English class but most of the women were helping dig the new sewage system that is being put in the town so they didn’t show up. Instead I stayed with the ceramic workers and helped them with their numbers (20-100). I have also developed a slight throat inflammation. The woman in Ccorao (middle of nowhere) insisted that I see the doctor. I was a little scared, okay a lot scared, but it turned out okay. They took my temperature and stuck a stick down my throat and almost prescribed me a medication that I’m allergic to. Luckily “amoxicillin” sounds almost the same in Spanish and I was able to avert that. :) Nevertheless, I’m supposed to take pills for the next ten days. So it cost less than $2 for my whole “hospital” visit, including drugs. I don’t really know what I’m taking but Lindsey (my project coordinator) told me to let her know if I got worse. Or if I need my stomach pumped. Hopefully that won’t be necessary.

I’m really tired right now and I think that’s probably a combination of a lot of things. I am going to teach English to kids tomorrow and I’m going to go look for an English alphabet poster to put on the walls. I also have this weird urge to buy multivitamins in bulk and hand them out everywhere I go. Anyway, we’ll see what happens…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home