Day 21
Today I was supposed to help translate again for the Belgium dentists but when I went to their hostel, they weren't there. It was really weird and I didn't know what to do because it was too late to go to Ccorao so instead I prepared more stuff for my alternative project investigating domestic abuse. I almost forgot that I had an alternative project because I've been running around like crazy doing stuff for my internship. I'm planning to go to Urubamba (about 1.5 hours away) which is where ProPeru has the shelter for women and children. I've planned a meeting to talk to the director and will go next week.
I'm also going to talk to the director of an orphanage here in Cusco. My friend Michele volunteers there and says that a lot of the children aren't really orphans, but have been taken away from their parents. I haven't set up a meeting yet, but I will try to do that next week as well...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home