Peruvian Adventure

My personal (and random) thoughts prior to and during my one month internship in Cusco, Peru.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Day 26

Today I ran around trying to set up a plethora of interviews. I suddenly realized that I'm going home in a week and need to talk to a million people. And by a million, I mean 4.

I did manage to get introduced to Roseo, the art teacher at Aldea Infantil (a orphanage/school in Cusco). Some of my friends volunteer there and have been telling me horror stories about what the kids have been through. I won't go into details until I know more, but apparently there are a good number of kids who are there because they've been taken away from their parents.

I went to the orphanage today and also met Mary and Rhina (I'm not sure if that's how you spell her name). Anyway, Mary is the psychologist there and Rhina is a social worker. They both work with therapy for the kids. I'm supposed to go in tomorrow morning to interview them. From just our conversation today, they both seem extremely knowledgeable about the condition of children in Cusco, as well as women. More on this later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home