Peruvian Adventure

My personal (and random) thoughts prior to and during my one month internship in Cusco, Peru.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Day 7

Today was actually a bit of a disappointment. No tourists showed up at the marketplace so I ended up teaching more English. Only I wasn’t very well prepared because I didn’t think I was teaching so I didn’t have any printouts. I listened to a lot of kechua though, and still have no idea what they’re saying.

Oh! Something exciting did happen today! I found myself thinking in Spanish which is incredible because I’ve only been here a week. Plus, Rachel and I just had the funniest Spanish class ever. Let’s just say we talked a lot about cats and ice cream…and our teacher randomly went to the pharmacy for 15 minutes. I also learned what to say when people won’t stop heckling you. Unfortunately, I think it’s quite a bad word so I don’t know how often I’ll use it.

Tomorrow I will be in the Caritas office with promoters (the people from the rural community who promote early stimulation, health education, and integration of the disabled). They are being trained and I will get to help out/document it. I’m really looking forward to this since it has a lot of relevance to public health…which isn’t entirely out of the picture for a master’s degree yet.

I’ll end on this note: today, I got chased by a llama.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home